Thursday
Today was a little more iffy with Menschi's symptoms and a quick switch out with anesthesiologists (they're contracted out from the hospital next door so sometimes they get last minute adjustments), lending itself to curiosity as how the morning would unfold (some are more conservative than others --- some will treat when he's wheezing, while others won't). Yesterday, he had a little more trouble when he awoke with a coughing spasm (increased secretion production is normal after coming out of anesthesia, but exacerbated by the cold/allergy symptoms). I had to laugh though when he was done with it all and not yet awake he whispered with a hoarse voice "want cracker." That's my boy! His latest eating jag is with graham crackers (thank goodness, easy to supply at the hospital!) and he surprises us every morning with gobbling a few before he's fully conscious. I suppose we all have our foods that send us into a "subconscious state" (read: chocolate), but the other way around? He's just too funny. We usually arrive in the vicinity of 7 am every morning and the first thing he says to the nurse when he arrives is "crackers." Good thing she doesn't take it personally (quackers). I am thankful we have the first slot in the day so he doesn't have to fast for that long. Speaking of food, I'm looking forward to a trip to a local farmer's market in the afternoon. I haven't been to one since Des Moines and it should be fun for Menschi too!
No comments:
Post a Comment