3 days down, 2 more to go!
I'd like to say it's getting easier, but watching Menschi in pain never does.It's emotionally and physically draining for both of us. Menschi is certainly resilient though! After the evening dose of dilaudid and some tylenol he was chipper and wanted to start his day (at 7:30pm?). In our pjs we headed for the playroom at the Ronald McDonald House.
Upon returning to our room, I noticed a dedication plaque featuring a picture of a sweet white haired woman. Our room was dedicated in memory of Sadie Gutner.I began to focus on how much generosity there is in this place. It's so much easier to go through this challenging time knowing that I never have to worry about food, lodging, or transportation thanks to the kindness of others.
Sadie, may your giving spirit benefit from having helped a fellow yid and may your neshama have an aliyah to the highest of heights!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a beautiful legacy for Ms. Gutner, and your hakaras hatov in the face of a really difficult week is pretty inspiring in itself!! May you and Menschi go from strength to strength! We'll be davening for those nice clean scans!!
N. Cooper
Post a Comment