WELCOME TO OUR SITE

PLEASE DAVEN FOR MENACHEM SHALOM BEN MIRIAM Feel free to check in periodically for updates on our lives. We look forward to hearing from you in the comments section. Love, Miriam and Shmuel

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

BACK IN ICU

Here we go again. Menschi's pressure dropped down again and wasn't responding to hydration so he was moved to ICU (where they can administer and monitor blood pressure meds- dopamine, norepinephrine, cortisol). The cortisol helps mediate the body's stress response(part of the role of the adrenal gland). The blood pressure meds speed his heat rate though so it's a balancing act.
On the bright side, he enjoyed playing with a toy foam pellet gun that I got him. I never thought I'd buy my son a toy gun but remembering how much he enjoyed the water gun at the pool thought it would perk him up! WE COULD ALL USE A PERK UP!

No comments: