
The incredible response to the Tehillim request is truly beautiful . I am amazed at how you're all keeping Menschi on your minds and in your hearts. Shmuel and I are touched and grateful!
Good news to share . . . although last night was still rough (pain is difficult to manage with narcotics due to nerve itching so it's a balance, and as of midnight he had fever), this morning was so much better. His counts are steadily creeping up.
We went down to visit the doggies and Menschi actually motioned to pet them! He particularly likes a dog by the name of "Gogo", who he fed last time and was eager to do so again. When we passed the cafeteria on the way back to his room, he said "um mum mum" and pointed, so we went upstairs to get some money and bought orange jello (he picked it out) ... go figure! This is the first time he's shown such an interest in eating in a long time. He didn't have more than a spoonful due to mouth sores, but nevertheless . . .
To finish off our morning, our "friends" Jim and Paul (of "Peter Paul and Mary" fame)had a concert in the lobby and we had some fun shaking our maraca to the music (we made a bean-plate maraca with child life yesterday). They sang him a cute song (made up on the spot!) that started like this "Oh truck, truck, if I had a truck, I'd fill it all up with love and dump it all over you . . ." He suddenly came out of his funk --- no smiles, but stopped moaning and grunting!!!!
No word as to when they're kickin' us out, but the good news is that MIGB infusion and scan should go that much smoother as an inpatient .
Good news to share . . . although last night was still rough (pain is difficult to manage with narcotics due to nerve itching so it's a balance, and as of midnight he had fever), this morning was so much better. His counts are steadily creeping up.
We went down to visit the doggies and Menschi actually motioned to pet them! He particularly likes a dog by the name of "Gogo", who he fed last time and was eager to do so again. When we passed the cafeteria on the way back to his room, he said "um mum mum" and pointed, so we went upstairs to get some money and bought orange jello (he picked it out) ... go figure! This is the first time he's shown such an interest in eating in a long time. He didn't have more than a spoonful due to mouth sores, but nevertheless . . .
To finish off our morning, our "friends" Jim and Paul (of "Peter Paul and Mary" fame)had a concert in the lobby and we had some fun shaking our maraca to the music (we made a bean-plate maraca with child life yesterday). They sang him a cute song (made up on the spot!) that started like this "Oh truck, truck, if I had a truck, I'd fill it all up with love and dump it all over you . . ." He suddenly came out of his funk --- no smiles, but stopped moaning and grunting!!!!
No word as to when they're kickin' us out, but the good news is that MIGB infusion and scan should go that much smoother as an inpatient .
1 comment:
I am so happy that you had a better day today. I know the extreme delight you must have felt when Mentchie motioned to eat. I can certainly relate. I hope your days only continue to get better and better, and I will be thinking of you and davening for Menachem Shalom ben Miriam tomorrow. May we all hear only the BEST news!!!
All the best,
Tovi in St. Louis
Post a Comment