We had a few blips in the sedation routine for the MIBG b/c of his mucositis and labored breathing (we had to stop after 15 min. due to coughing and then wait for general anesthesia to come down and intubate him so we wouldn't have to worry for the rest of the scan). What was an hour scan planned for 10 am dragged on until 5 pm with all the interruptions, and he was an emotional mess when he came to. Won't have results for a few days. Menschi brought a smile to my face by the end of the day though, when a gift that was dropped off for him motivated him to eat for the first time in weeks! He went through a mugful of hershey kisses, unwrapping each one, biting into half of it then spitting it out (still hard to swallow) . . . but he WANTED to eat, and that's a start. He really liked the cherry ones (I think b/c the creme inside was nice and soft). I think they're pretty nasty, but they say chemo makes your tastebuds weird --- go figure.
Grateful to everyone who davened for him today. I was down on myself that I didn't spend as much time davening as the rest of you when I remembered an insight from Rbtzn Pavlov. I've been reading Rbtzn Pavlov's book "Water from the Well". In the book, Leah's physical actions were considered like actual tefillos. Gd shortened her period of barreness and gave her Yissachar and Zevulun in the merit of pure intentions and tears. Her alacrity to do the will of Gd changed her destiny. Please let my tears and constant involvement with Menschi's care be accepted as a pure tefilla and evoke rachamim (mercy) from above.
KOL TUV & THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!
2 comments:
You are so very inspiring and you write so well.
I added a few extra kapitlach today, may all of the tefilos help good news come very soon...
Somehow I think your inspiration generates more than you can imagine.. May Hashem help all our tears and tefillos be answered... we're davening for you.
Post a Comment