WELCOME TO OUR SITE

PLEASE DAVEN FOR MENACHEM SHALOM BEN MIRIAM Feel free to check in periodically for updates on our lives. We look forward to hearing from you in the comments section. Love, Miriam and Shmuel

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Today's Treasure, Tomorrow's Garbage?

There seems to be a direct relationship between the time I spend on the phone and the amount or mischief Menschi (and his sidekick, Moshe Simcha) get into.
Shmuel went to put out the garbage cans for tomorrow's pick up and found outside our window a whole pile of paraphernalia(that belonged inside the house) -- a ton of papers (important ones, no less), a ball, some laundry (clean, just waiting to be put away in the right place - and yes, it was underwear), a shoe (glad we found it before tomorrow's morning rush --- pairs are indeed elusive sometimes) .It's amazing that I didn't seem to notice all of that missing, I know, but when I went into that room all I noticed was that it was cold, and the window needed closing. I should have known better I guess since the boys were getting along so nicely and quiet for so long ---- Sorry, no photos this time, but I definitely got a mental shot to last for a while! It's ironic how 11 months earlier the same events might not have seemed so comical; but in light of everything going on, a lot has been put into perspective about what to take seriously, and what not to. (it was nice to also have funny anecdotes to add to the family repertoire of stories that will be told over and over again).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the chuckle!

Anonymous said...

From an old acquaintance from Sorotzkin 3: Chazak v'amatz. You're obvious emunah and bitachon (hallmarks of 3 Sorotzkin) are so inspiring. May Hashem grant you strength and an answer to your tefillos!
- a former Shaare Chaim Bochur