MONDAY -- Went to the E.R. for 4 hours for Menschi to take a nap (just kidding) . . . amidst my phone calls that I needed to take a "time out" for (closed the doors) Menschi got a hold of my chewable antiemetics. We didn't know how many he took and Poison control (the 2nd time we've called them this month) told us we needed to go to the emergency room for observation (and a "yummy" charcoal drink). The nurse warned us how yuck tasting it was, but apparently Menschi didn't seem to notice (flavored with strawberry ensure & yes, it was STILL black . . .) Never a dull moment with this li'l guy.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Never a Dull Moment
MONDAY -- Went to the E.R. for 4 hours for Menschi to take a nap (just kidding) . . . amidst my phone calls that I needed to take a "time out" for (closed the doors) Menschi got a hold of my chewable antiemetics. We didn't know how many he took and Poison control (the 2nd time we've called them this month) told us we needed to go to the emergency room for observation (and a "yummy" charcoal drink). The nurse warned us how yuck tasting it was, but apparently Menschi didn't seem to notice (flavored with strawberry ensure & yes, it was STILL black . . .) Never a dull moment with this li'l guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
oy! but he sure looks cute with black lipstick.
I just had a flashback to the day 27 or 28 years ago when a very pregnant Eema took a little nap and woke up to find No 1 Son had "helped himself" to his chewable vitamins (a feat that required the use of a chair to get at where they were stored).
Since the vitamins contained iron and I had no way of determining how many he'd actually eaten, he had to have a dose of the ever-fun Ipecac!
I spent the rest of the day cleaning him and the floor up as the Ipecac kept working over and over again.
He was fine by that evening. I recovered by the time the next baby was born. I also stopped giving vitamins, so if any of my offspring are ever diagnosed with scurvy or beri beri it can be traced back to that day.
I'm glad Menschi's okay, but he'd better stick to the bandaids from now on (ooh, bad pun) when he has the urge to play medico.
such a cutie with blach lipstick!!!! He's so yummy!!!
Post a Comment