WELCOME TO OUR SITE

PLEASE DAVEN FOR MENACHEM SHALOM BEN MIRIAM Feel free to check in periodically for updates on our lives. We look forward to hearing from you in the comments section. Love, Miriam and Shmuel

Friday, October 3, 2008

LAST PROTON TREATMENT- "Gratitude"


Fri.
It is with tremendous gratitude and awe that I write this blog. Menschi had his last proton treatment this morning!
Menschi happily bounced into treatment this morning, lied down in the hospital crib and said "ready"- he didn't even ask for his "freckfast". What a testament to the resilience of children and the human spirit! I am so grateful that he's unaware of "tomorrow"(after all no one ever knows what tomorrow brings) he just focuses on today.I can learn from that.
Next week, we're back in Atlanta for another week of regular morning sedation for scans and tests. Please continue to keep MENACHEM SHALOM BEN MIRIAM in your thoughts as he goes through this testing.
I have gotten so much strength from all of your "collective" support.
I was speaking to another mother this morning and she likened the support to water stations in a marathon. I have been privileged to get the kind of support that is more like an endless wellspring than a water bottle.
I just wanted to thank all of the special people we met in our stay in Jacksonville:
Fabulous team at Florida Proton
Dr Marcus- answered my nudging phone calls personally from day one and showed remarkable sensitivity and concern throughout treatment.
Karen, Kathy (without your help we may not have gotten here in the first place!), Katie (without whom transportation would have been even MORE of a hassle!), Steve (the pied piper who took Menschi every morning into the gantry), the anesthesia teams, the physicists and symmetrists, and last but certainly not least -- Nurse Thao, who's warm countenance is as inspiring as her dedication and attentiveness (thanks for the visit in the hospital -- above and beyond!!).
Special Jacksonville Community People
I will miss all of our special friends we've made here in Jacksonville:
the Mirskys, the Braunshweigers, the Rosenbaums, the Cohens, the Fischs, the Rabinowitzes, the Kaisers, the Melameds, the list goes on and on --- please know that I expect to see you in Savannah soon for Shabbos or any other time (just call to make sure we're there ).
Thank You all so much!
An "Angel Flight" is once again coming to our rescue so we'll be able to be in Savannah for Shabbos!!!! Thank you for stepping up to the tarmac "Pilot Bruce" !!! (hoping we don't have such a bumpy ride this time).
HAVE A GREAT SHABBOS!

No comments: