WELCOME TO OUR SITE

PLEASE DAVEN FOR MENACHEM SHALOM BEN MIRIAM Feel free to check in periodically for updates on our lives. We look forward to hearing from you in the comments section. Love, Miriam and Shmuel

Friday, September 12, 2008

Session #2- Florida Proton

Friday-I write to you with mixed emotions. Menschi went in to the gantry today with a smile on his face (courtesy of versed!) and playing with the anesthesiology nurse (he was playing with a wooden puzzle that has noises when you place the pieces and when the versed kicked in he had a sudden need to "get horizontal"). So I was really pleased that he was becoming more comfortable with what will be our new routine everyday for the next three weeks. Mom is a bit less calm(I don't get any versed) . . After a chapter of Tehillim, I went in search of diversion, and upon checking email, found that one of Menschi's "Neuroblastoma peers" had just relapsed --- for a third time. Prayers for a full and COMPLETE healing are certainly in order. I cannot begin to imagine what this mother is going through; I am choosing not to visit those unproductive emotions, because if Hashem wills it to, I have to trust that He'll also give me the tools to deal with this test as He has continued to so far. There is so much I have to be grateful for, and the more I focus on how plainly I can see His hand in my life, the more I am inspired to rise to the occasion. There is a fantastic book out there called "Garden of Emunah" which I started reading last Shabbos and I can't wait to get my hands on it again (thanks Inbal for suggesting it) (and thank you to Mrs. Mirsky for entertaining the kiddos so I could read it at your house)Though personal (and I'm sure some of you may feel them overly religious) these feelings are, I am choosing to share them because I am overwhelmed with gratitude for everything Hashem has done and continues to do for us. All the people who have been sent to us, all the medical equipment that was designed, timing ... everything is perfect for us and our situation. It is because of this knowledge that I can put trust in the future that lies before us, and believe me, that makes everything a whole lot easier. Less energy wasted on worrying = more energy to focus on what needs to get done.Speaking of what needs to be done, Menschi has just been wheeled into recovery. I will try to update when I can . . . Good Shabbos!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for your info-you are an inspiration to so many, menshi should have a complete refuah in such a z'chus!!!

Unknown said...

Miriam - thanks so much for the updates - I was thinking about you over Shabbos and wondering how things went with Menschi. I continue to daven for his complete Refuah and I'm excited that he's started the final stage of treatment. I'm so happy that you're getting so much out of the Garden of Emunah - maybe when you come back we can learn it together. Love, Inbal