WELCOME TO OUR SITE

PLEASE DAVEN FOR MENACHEM SHALOM BEN MIRIAM Feel free to check in periodically for updates on our lives. We look forward to hearing from you in the comments section. Love, Miriam and Shmuel

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Proton Session #7- Hospitalization

Tues
Menschi got a fever late afternoon yesterday which landed him in the ER. Fortunately, he was in good spirits --- and no longer febrile I might add --- while in the ER, but still needed to be admitted because of being so close to his transplant. We stayed overnight in Wolfson Medical Center, then were discharged this morning at 6 AM so we could stay on schedule with Proton Radiation , then he'll be readmitted when he awakes today from anesthesia. Dr. Sandler (his onc. here) wanted to keep an eye on him because his breathing has been so bad (he had four breathing treatments last night alone). I'll keep you posted. Please continue davening but don't be too worried (SEE PIC. ABOVE- DOES HE LOOK WORRIED?)

4 comments:

Shevy said...

Nervewracking. Hope all goes well. As an asthmatic (currently totally controlled without meds)I've never been given more than 2 nebulizer treatments in a row. Four is a lot. I was pretty light-headed after the 2.

I'll keep davening and saying tehillim.

Anonymous said...

Miriam, I'm sorry this has been so "eventful"- (But I have to admit i'm so happy to see his chunky belly there sticking out-) Hope the next few days are so much easier!

Unknown said...

He looks quite adorable!!!

Unknown said...

Refuah Sheleima Menschi!! You look too cute to be sick!! We are davening that you get over this infection and are able to stay on schedule. We are also davening that all goes well enough for us to be zocheh a very special guest for our simcha!! We love you!
The Barrons